2017 was an exceptional year at the USC Viterbi School of Engineering in regards to student admissions, awards and rankings. Here are some highlights:
- At the end of the spring semester, 37 USC Viterbi undergraduates received a University Undergraduate Award including Ellen Emerson, ’17 (ENG) (LAS), who was named the valedictorian for the USC Class of 2017.
- In April, 50 undergraduate students received a 2017 Viterbi Undergraduate Award for their academic, leadership, and service achievements. (some pictured below)
- This year’s freshman class is nearly 44 percent women and more than one-third of USC Viterbi’s total undergraduate students are female.
- 185 students in our entering class are University Scholars and 82 are National Merit Scholars.
- With 2,700 undergraduate students and 5,600 graduate students, our programs continue to grow at a robust pace.
The success of our students is a result of the support they have received from our loyal supporters. Gifts to USC Viterbi help to support classrooms, laboratory equipment and research programs, where students learn and grow their minds; support of the hiring of the best engineering faculty provides our students with the best teachers and mentors to help guide them in their engineering field of choice; and funds in support of scholarship and fellowship gifts allows the best and brightest students the opportunity to come to USC and immerse themselves in an institute of higher learning with the best resources possible.
The generosity of USC Viterbi donors impacts our students beyond the classroom walls. Click on the video below to hear from our students directly about the impact of donations in support of USC Viterbi.
Here are Some Additional USC Viterbi News and Achievements